4 min read
In recent articles, we have named multiple blockchain games that have been created for a wide range of players ranging from casual to the most competitive.
For this reason, blockchain projects have explored various categories and themes that are usually loved by gamers.
Among them, we find action games in which the player must use his speed, dexterity and reaction to obtain victory.
As an example of the above, we have Ember Sword or the famous Big Time. However, there is a specific game that, if we talk about play to earn, free to play and ARPG (action role-playing games), stands out on its own.
Get ready, because today we are going to get a first-hand look at Lost Relics, the game that was inspired by the acclaimed video games: “Diablo” by Blizzard Entertainment and RuneScape by Jagex.
What is Lost Relics?
Lost Relics is an action-adventure role-playing game (ARPG) powered by the Unity video game engine and Enjin.
It was launched in 2020 by Australian developer Codebit Labs, with the purpose of enabling its players to obtain valuable and rare items represented in non-fungible tokens or NFTs.
In this role-playing game, you will enter the mysterious town of Talmuth, where you will be able to:
- Fight other monsters and bosses in the area.
- Collect in-game items and rewards that you earn in dungeons (dangerous sub-zones characterized by high-level monsters).
However, in addition to this, an important factor is that these loots, full of rewards, can be sold as NFT in exchange for real money or in-game tokens: gold coins.
However, that’s not all, since these NFTs are not just items for collection or exchange. In addition, you can use them in-game to hunt mobs of strong enemies.
How does it work?
To understand the dynamics of the game, it is important to understand three aspects:
In this part, we find all the activities and epic battles of the game, such as:
- Explore and gather information about available missions.
- Find the different dungeons and forests where there are enemies that you must defeat to get your NFT awards.
- Enjoy gatherings and events that last for days or months at which you can collect relics and other limited edition items.
- Find a variety of items such as chests, boxes or barrels that have hidden objects inside.
Outfits are outfits and features that allow you to make your character unique. In this category, there are two types of NFT:
- Wearables: They are displayed as clothing items with which you can customize your character.
- Pets: They are your adventure companions. Among them are: goats, penguins, ponies, eagles, among others.
Both have an interesting aspect: the rarer they are (example: transcendent, mythical or legendary), the more useful they are in the game.
Missions are tasks that the game proposes to you so that, once you complete them, you can claim additional rewards.
Finally, its monetization: golds coins
They are another type of incentive that you can get by completing all your quests and can be found in barrels or boxes.
These gold coins are essential to buy, sell and exchange items with other players in the game’s marketplace called: Royal Emporium.
For this reason, everything you generate within the game is managed through Royal Emporium with gold coins and will be reflected in your Enjin wallet.
Glad to see you back at the end of the article! Did you like the topics we talked about today?
We also have our blog, our most valuable source of information and where we will tell you everything in detail about the information you need.
For the time being, see you next time!