6 min read
Sports video games, especially soccer, have always stood out for their success. With exponents such as FIFA, we can visualize the profitability and the fans that exist in this world.
Certainly, the reason behind the fame of these games lies in their mechanics, which allow you to be Cristiano Ronaldo or the manager of Manchester United for a day.
However, in all this, a striking dynamic emerges and it is that of fantasy soccer, in which you can build your virtual SuperLeague with the best soccer players in real life.
Under this idea, Sorare was created, an NFT platform that allows you to fulfill your dream of uniting the best talents in one place, while earning money. Let’s discover how it works!
What is Sorare?
Basically, you become a professional coach who can assemble his own team of five players from different soccer clubs with your digital collection of Sorare cards. This project was developed in 2018 by the French Nicolas Julia and Adrien Montfort.
Interestingly, each of the cards you can find in Sorare are from real-life professional soccer players. However, the most interesting thing has to do with the fact that they have an official marketing license from different leagues such as:
- German Bundesliga
- Italian Serie A
- Belgian Jupiter Pro League
- Korean K League, among others.
It is also backed by clubs of the stature of Real Madrid. Thus, the cards have the photos and the official brand of each league or club to which the player belongs.
There are already more than 150 clubs that are present in the game and have their respective image rights. Additionally, there are not only soccer clubs and leagues supporting Sorare, but also other companies in the video game industry such as UbiSoft.
How does it work?
To play Sorare, you just need to register on the official website with your real data and your email address, and then choose a password for your Sorare cryptocurrency wallet.
This is because it is a game where you can win money playing, so it is essential that you use secure accounts with reliable data to avoid losing your progress.
Once you have done so, you can claim your initial ten cards for free to start earning points, which will be randomly drawn according to your preferred teams.
Afterwards, you will have to build your first 5-player squad with at least a goalkeeper, a defender, a midfielder and a striker.
As mentioned before, in this blockchain game, each card corresponds to a professional player. However, they have a plus and that is that there are differences in points between cards that depend on different real factors of the player on the court, such as:
- Its performance.
- Whether he plays in the game or not.
In consideration of this, the mechanisms for assigning points act as explained below:
- Decisive score: The player starts with 35 points that go up for positive impacts (e.g. goal, assist, penalty) and down for negative effects (e.g. red card, own goal, penalty).
- Overall score: There is a list of 39 game actions that add or subtract to the decisive score.
- Bonuses: There are additional bonuses if the card is from the current season (5% more), if the player is a captain (20% more) and maximum level bonus depending on the level of the card.
For this reason, we can find 5 types of cards: common, limited (1000 cards), rare (100 cards), super rare (10 cards) and unique (1 card in stock). If you wish to purchase any of these cards, you can do it through:
- Sorare’s official website.
- Other NFT marketplaces such as OpenSea.
- Private offers with another user.
- In the transfer market and the auction of new cards.
Even so, it is important for you to know that it is not a pay to win game, so if you face teams with unique cards in the tournaments organized by Sorare, your chances of winning will not be diminished.
Now, having all this in mind, there are three main ways in which you can increase your income within Sorare:
- Winning prizes and points for beating other coaches in tournaments: Winners are decided by adding up the points of each team card.
Here, we can find several leagues that vary in some aspects such as the age of the player (e.g. U23 League) or the regions to which the athletes belong.
- Selling your NFT cards: When you get a card, you get full ownership of it, so you can sell them to other players, earning cryptos in exchange.
What types of prizes can I win in tournaments?
The prizes depend on the tournament, but, in general, they can be of two types:
- Collectibles: Exclusive and rare collectible cards are awarded.
- Ethers, Ethereum’s native network token that you can then exchange for euros.
Likewise, there are prizes given each game week for competing against other coaches and progressing through the game’s divisions.
Are you ready to be the next coach of your Super League?
It would be great if you could take a look at Bitnovo Crypto Wallet from which you can:
- Shop in more than 40,000 stores (including Fnac and Worten) for the ETH you need to give your competitive team more variety.
- Sell the ETH you have earned from Sorare tournaments.
For the time being, see you in another article!