6 min read
Play to earn video games like Axie Infinity are getting all the attention lately.
The reason? They are dynamic, themed and fun games that provide you with money when you invest your time in them.
It is for this reason that play to earn games on Blockchain have a very prosperous future and an interesting profitability that will surely make you want to bet on that game.
However, little by little, the competition of these games is becoming noticeable and, based on similar mechanics or themes, they are seeking a place on the podium of the best games.
This is the case of My DeFi PET, a video game very similar to “Axie Infinity”.
Coming from the same country, Vietnam, with only a few months of its release and taking advantage of the Axie boom, we have a very promising game that is worth to keep checking out.
What is my DeFi Pet?
My DeFi Pet is a virtual pet video game, which revolves around two aspects: decentralized finance and digital collectibles.
It was launched in May 2021 by KadiaChain and developed together with Vietnamese company TopeBox.
Behind this project, there is a whole team of interesting work, as it is made up of people with experience in mobile blockchain games.
Also, the creator of the game, Liem Thai, is the lead producer of Gameloft. Gameloft is an international company dedicated to developing games for PC and mobile devices, including:
- Order & Chaos.
- Assasin’s Creed Altair’s Chronicles.
- Prince of Persia para celular.
- Spider-Man Unlimited.
- Iron Blade.
Within the game, you can do various activities such as:
- Breed new monsters according to their unique characteristics such as: color, shape, type, aura, mutation, rarity, HP, mana, among others.
- Evolve the monsters you have.
- Fight against other users to earn rewards to reach high rankings.
- Participate in events to claim incredible prizes of up to $100,000 per season.
- Collect monsters, as there are new characters every hour that can be auctioned for 24 hours.
- Exchange monsters with other players.
How does it work?
To get started in the game, you must buy DeFi Pet tokens (DPET) which are the in-game currency that you can use to play the game:
- Breed and evolve pets.
- Participate in special events.
- Vote for new features and configurations.
Once you have DPET, you can buy monster eggs in their marketplace, which cost 3 DPET.
Of course, as in Axie Infinity, you will need at least 3 to have your own team. Later, when they are born you can start increasing their stats and level by feeding them.
Certainly, to get their food, you must grow fruits and vegetables in the farm field as in Farmville or Farming Simulator.
Next, the fun of the game is that you get more monsters by buying eggs or reproducing them.
In this way, you will have a complete army of monsters ready for player vs. player (PvP) battles and you will achieve greater game progress.
How can I earn DPET and money?
There are three ways in which you can earn money:
- Sale of DPET tokens (which you can earn by completing quests or fights with other pets) via PancakeSwap an exchange platform similar to Ethereum’s Uniswap.
- Auction pets that you have bred or own and have the characteristics of being very rare or being of a high level.
- Win with seasonal rewards (although this one is a bit more difficult).
The game is divided by seasons that, once they reach a certain time, end and a new one begins. To obtain these prizes, you must fulfill a whole list of tasks.
Are there any risks involved in playing it?
Like all blockchain-based pay to win and play to earn games, we are exposed to certain risks. Within the my DeFi Pet whitepaper we can find two:
- The existence of strong competition in the market (such as Axie Infinity, for example) may cause the game to be discontinued in a short period of time.
- Security issues that may attempt to maliciously attack DPET tokens or the game.
Likewise, let’s remember that it is a fairly new game, it has been in operation for a few months, so it is important to evaluate the game’s situation when making a DPET purchase.
Congratulations on making it all the way to the end!
You are an exemplary Bitnauta. It has been an article full of information, but we hope it has been useful for you to understand a little more about blockchain video games and cryptocurrencies.
But…oh…wait, you were left wanting more?
Don’t worry! At Bitnovo, we are working hard to provide you with the best information at your fingertips and in less time than a rooster can crow on our blog.
We also have our own website where we bring you closer to the world of cryptos in an easy and safe way.
Are you ready to take action?
Perfect, see you on Bitnovo and on the blog in a new post.