7 min read
Today it is very easy to buy bitcoins (BTC). Companies like Bitnovo facilitate the purchase of this cryptocurrency, both online and with cash. However, when it comes to using cryptocurrencies as a payment method, certain difficulties arise. Do you know what can you buy with Bitcoin?
May 22, 2010 is an important date in the crypto-calendar. That day, developer Laszlo Hanyecz used his bitcoins as a payment method. It was the first Bitcoin purchase in history. Since then, and thanks to the popularity of this cryptocurrency, hundreds of physical and online stores have opened their doors to the world of cryptocurrencies.
What can you buy with bitcoin
From buying a house with bitcoins, to a hamburger. If you are thinking of something very specific thing that you need, surely on Internet you will find one store hat accepts BTC as a payment method. Anyway, if you are lacking ideas, here we bring you a few companies where you can pay with bitcoins. Take note!
However, it is important to always check beforehand if this cryptocurrency is still accepted as a payment in each store. The companies in the following list allow bitcoins to make purchases. Nevertheless, sometimes they modify their policy due to several factors as geographic location or laws. But, as we said, you can always find an alternative option on the Internet.
- Microsoft: The multinational allows bitcoin to be selected as a payment method. To do this, simply access to the “payments and billing” section and within “payment options” select “redeem bitcoin”. In this way, you can purchase Microsoft products by paying with your cryptocurrency wallet.
- Namecheap: Offers domain registrations and web hosting. The Namecheap account can be top up with Bitcoin / Bitcoin Cash / Ethereum / XRP funds, as long as your wallet supports BitPay.
- VPN Express: Software that encrypts users’ web traffic and masks IP addresses, especially useful for accessing content available in other geographic regions and / or when you travel to countries like China (where there is control over the use of Internet).
🕹♣ Digital Platforms / Videogames / Gambling
- Keys4Coins: PC games store, with your BTC you can get digital licenses for games on different platforms.
- Sportsbet: sports betting house
- Playstation Network
✈🏖 Leisure and free time
- Destinia: Travel website where you can buy safely flights and hotels with bitcoins. Now this company has chosen to show the prices in mBTC or milli-bitcoin (mBTC) which is one thousandth of the bitcoin.
- Bitcoin.travel: Buying flights with bitcoins and also booking hotels
- Expedia: Travel booking website that allows you to buy with BTC
- 13 tickets: platform focused on experiences: routes, sports … They accept Bitcoins and more than 375 cryptocurrencies (Ethereum, Monero, Dash, etc.)
- Overstock: Rated by many users as the pioneering online store in Bitcoin. It is mainly dedicated to shop clearance products related to home decoration (furniture, bedding and other products) although it is also possible to find new products.
- Rakuten: One of the leading Internet service companies in the world. Offering a variety of products and services for consumers and businesses, with a focus on e-commerce, finance and digital content
- Etsy: a global market for unique and creative products. Independent sellers offer their exclusive products through this online platform.
- Shopify: This company gives help to start, manage and growing online businesses. Any user who wants to create an online store can buy any of the plans and solutions that Shopify offers with
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc. The platform supports more than 300 digital currencies.
🍕🍔 Food and drink
Many of the next big companies support BTC payments in certain regions or even on their online platforms.
- Spicescave: Buy tea, infusions and spices with your BTC.
- Burger King
- Dominos Pizza
- Papa Jhones
🚗 ✈️ Transport
- Auto Coin Cars: Experts in buying and selling the most exclusive cars using cryptocurrency.Aviatrade: Buy a Gulfstream G650ER private jet with bitcoin. Elon Musk and Bezos’ favorite plane.
✊🤝 Charity / Donations
- Greenpeace: Through Bitpay it is possible to donate bitcoins for a green good cause.
- ONU: We recently announced that cryptocurrencies arrived the UN. UNICEF has a cryptocurrency fund for donations to finance technologies that benefit children and youth around the world.
In addition to all this list of stores where you can buy with bitcoins, it is interesting that you know Spendabit It is a great search engine for things that you can pay with BTC. Very practical! Easier, impossible.
Buy with Bitcoins: More alternatives!
If you still can’t find a store that supports BTC to buy what you need, then turn to Plan B. Have you heard of cards that accept cryptocurrency?
There are services on the market that offer a solution to the problem of the usability of cryptocurrencies. One example could be the Bitsa Card, a prepaid card without a bank account that supports 15 cryptocurrencies as top-up method.
With this card you can buy in all businesses, physical stores and online, with your cryptocurrency funds. Reloading with cryptocurrency is instantaneous, so your bitcoins are automatically converted to euros for making all kinds of purchases thanks to your card.
And if you are looking for another option, you will always have the opportunity to sell your bitcoins from Bitnovo. A fast and safe option, sell cryptocurrencies and receive euros in your personal bank account.
Therefore, as you can see, the world of cryptocurrencies -and in particular the world of bitcoins- contains more solutions and alternatives than many people think.