In the digital era in which we find ourselves, physical objects are not the only ones that have a value, whether emotional or economic. Nowadays, a video game, a crypto, a movie, a work of a digital artist, among others, can have the same value, or even more, than a real painting or a funko pop.
In fact, we can see how many people can spend a lot of money to collect skins of their favorite characters in various games like Fortnite or League of Legends. It is something incredible and something that we would have never imagined before.
However, it is also true that there have been many examples of piracy, duplication and difficulties in the security of possession of these works or digital collectibles.
Vitalik Buterin himself, creator of Ethereum has experienced them:
“I happily played World of Warcraft during 2007-2010, but one day Blizzard removed the damage component of my beloved warlock’s Siphon Life spell. I cried myself to sleep, and that day I realized what horrors centralized services can bring. I soon decided to quit.”
Fortunately, NFT, or non fungible tokens, have arrived to solve these problems.
An NFT is a unique digital asset, which is hosted on a blockchain to ensure its authenticity and so that users can reliably demonstrate ownership of that asset. In this way any digital asset, (artwork, video game weapon, soccer cards, etc) can be truly yours, through the use of blockchain technology to ensure that no copies are produced.
With the emergence of NFTs, many projects using this technology have also emerged.
Today I will tell you all about one of the most interesting initiatives that unites the real and virtual worlds in a unique way: Terra Virtua Kolect.
Get ready, because we will delve into the universe of virtual reality, augmented reality and exclusive digital merchandise collection.
What is Terra Virtua? The platform where magic happens
Terra Virtua is a cross-platform ecosystem where you can share, trade and interact, in an immersive way, with digital objects via mobile, AR (augmented reality) and VR (virtual reality). It was created by Jawad Ashraf and Gary Bracey in 2016.
In it, you can have social, gaming and creative experiences with other Terra Virtua users, all enabled by Ethereum blockchain.
Interestingly, the digital objects that are in their marketplace are part of a collection of brands and creators that offer you incredible items such as 3D Godzilla and Kong figures.
As partners of Terra Virtua, we find big names in the industry such as Paramount Pictures, Legendary Entertainment, Unreal Engine (Epic Games’ game engine) and Unity. Through their partners, they have signed IP deals for movies such as Godzilla vs Kong, Lost in Space, Top Gun and The Godfather.
Of course, all of the above, you can acquire through the Terra Virtua Kolect token.
Interesting, but… What can we do in Terra Virtua?
In addition to trading the items you purchase on the Terra Virtua marketplace, you can:
- Exhibit and use the objects you acquire in the marketplace in a virtual reality site. For example, if you own a great car, you can participate in a race against other players through VR, where you can drive it and show it off.
- Of course, to be able to store everything you acquire, Terra Virtua offers you: Fancave and Terra Dome. Fancave is like your personal room, where you can watch a movie, play pinball, put your collectibles on shelves, among others, making use of augmented reality; however, as it is impossible to keep a spaceship inside a room, that’s what Terra Dome is for. It is a much larger space in which you can store spaceships, giant creatures like Kong or Godzilla, giant robots, cars, etc.
- Additionally, you can have your own art gallery, where you can collect unique digital artworks ranging from the subtle and minimalist to the bizarre.
- You can travel between platforms, taking your collectibles wherever you go, either through your mobile or your computer.
Although Virtual Reality provides maximum immersion, augmented reality is very useful for sharing your collections. To do so, you can download Terra Gallery and Terra Virtua from the Google Play Store.
Let’s talk about your token: Terra Virtua Kolect (TVK)
Kolect is Terra Virtua’s token and fuel that allows you to open yourself to the whole world of possibilities and experiences that we have mentioned, which favors its market capitalization.
However, this is not all. In addition to functioning as a payment currency in Terra Virtua, it will also allow you, soon, to do the following:
- Join exclusive prestige clubs and earn NFT, collectible rewards, product previews, extra features and TVK bonuses.
- Receive NFT and TVK rewards for completing quizzes, missions, trading, among others. The more you do on the platform, the better.
- Create your own digital collectibles using Terra Forma tools. As a result, you can boost your brand or monetize your creations.
- Farming, meaning obtaining unique and marketable NFTs that are not available anywhere else.
What did you think of this great proposal, Bitnauta? Are you ready to participate in the new digital revolution?
If the answer is yes, we first recommend you to learn a little more about other concepts that are related to Terra Virtua.
Therefore, you can learn more about it with the articles we have suggested for you from the beautiful Bitnovo community.
Additionally, while downloading Terra Virtua on your mobile, you could take a look at Bitnovo Crypto Wallet, where you can buy, sell and store your cryptocurrencies securely. It is available for Android on the Google Play Store and for iOS on the App Store.
For the time being, see you next time, Bitnauta!